Ruby Newbie Launch
First, a little history... Many years ago (OK, not that many), I was a successful computer programmer. Device drivers in C, mostly. I was literate in x86 assembly and C++ and could produce a functional smattering of SQL, Perl, and HTML. Then I had children.
Five years, two children, and one new career later (see my other blog at http://www.LaurieThompson.com), I wanted to do more with my life (no, I guess that just wasn't enough). I'd been hearing about Ruby from my geeky husband, so I decided to see if this old dog could learn some new tricks. This blog is intended to be a chronicle of my attempts to rediscover my inner geek by teaching myself Ruby. Stay tuned if you dare, or should I say care.
Five years, two children, and one new career later (see my other blog at http://www.LaurieThompson.com), I wanted to do more with my life (no, I guess that just wasn't enough). I'd been hearing about Ruby from my geeky husband, so I decided to see if this old dog could learn some new tricks. This blog is intended to be a chronicle of my attempts to rediscover my inner geek by teaching myself Ruby. Stay tuned if you dare, or should I say care.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home